Wednesday, January 23, 2013

walking

Today was a weird day. I got up and ran, which usually makes me feel better - more alive and ready for the day, but no such luck today... I went to work and felt sort of lethargic all day. I decided the cure would be homemade soup and a movie, but even that didn't do the trick. I needed out. Just a small escape - somewhere to run, walk, hide, move. I said out loud that we should go do something and my sweet roommate agreed. She immediately got up and we texted two other sweet girls who were exactly what I needed. And we walked. Just around, not really heading anywhere in particular but just walking and catching up. We laughed a lot and I could feel the shell soften... It all just has me thinking.
Maybe sometimes my head makes things too complicated. Maybe this song playing on my spotify right now is right. "I get lost in my mind" Maybe my head was just jumbled all day and I couldn't shake the weird-not-myself feeling. I was just lost, wandering around my mind. But what I needed was to wander around outside with good friends. I think I probably could have walked forever. Okay maybe not forever, but for a good while for sure.
So. Tonight I am thankful for Texas weather, songs that speak to me, legs that work, friends that listen and also talk. And I'm thankful for my jumbled up mind - it's a mess but it's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment