Thursday, August 1, 2013

It's the first! That means two things: Refresh Day and Pinspired!

Just hearing the word August brings so many conflicting emotions.... I am suddenly feeling the need to soak in the last days of summer while also rushing out to buy school supplies. The sun has gotten increasingly hot here in Texas so of course we are still in summer fashion. However, everything in me wants to send all of my friends bouquets of sharpened pencils and each day I become more and more excited about the taste of pumpkin spice. It is coming - I can feel it... *sigh* :)
Alas, on this first weekend of August, my sisters, mom and I will be heading to the beach for an end-of-summer girls weekend to properly celebrate what has been one of my favorite summers. And I am thrilled! 
Note: for those of you starting to feel bad for my Dad and brother-in-law, you are in good company. They are troopers to put up with the five of us. And honestly, will probably enjoy the weekend break from all of the chatter. But we still feel badly for not inviting them to the beach so I am sure we will make up for it by bringing back some fabulous souvenir...

Okay I am finally linking up to a couple of my favorite blogs on my first ever - Get Pin-spired post!

In light of heading to the beach for one last hoo-rah, I decided to look to Pinterest to refresh my beach wardrobe and "get pinspired" (Thank you, Shaeffer!) for girls weekend. We are pretty chill on vacation so as I was searching, I carefully bypassed the beachy party clothes (although some were fabulous) and went straight for the relaxed, simple look. Immediately, I fell in love with this pin..

Here are my creations (using the clothes I already had in my closet!):



First, I combined two of the pictures on the original strip. I love the white shirt with these Miss Me jean shorts - I looked for these shorts so you could buy them too, but I couldn't find them. I originally bought them at a small boutique in California and they have gotten some great wear. The necklace (similar one here) was a gift from my Granny for my birthday last week! I think she said it was from Kohls, but I couldn't find the exact one on their website. I love these color combos! 




This outfit really surprised me! I love how simple it is and definitely think it will be great for the beach. However, I would have never thought to put these colors together (thank you, Pinterest!) The shirt is really old and from New York and Co, but their clothes hold up so great so I will probably have it for several more years. And these shorts are the best ever! I love shopping at Loft :) These shorts are the 4", but they also have them in 6" for you lucky, longer legged women! And my hat from Dillards that I have worn out this summer. I looked for a link for you, but couldn't even find a close one at Dillard's. Macy's, however, has tons of cute ones.



I was telling my roommate about the Pinspired Party that I was linking up to today. And, of course, she wanted to join in the fun! I mean who wouldn't want to?!?! Since she doesn't have a blog, today I am featuring her outfit as well. You may remember when I introduced you to Katie here. Well here is her Pinspired look - so chic and great for a workday :)
Way to go, Katie :)



I hope you all are finding a fun way to kick off this first day of August!

5 comments:

  1. I love the khaki shorts and grey outfit. It's simple but looks so pulled together. Have fun at your girls weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh! I loved all of the looks today! You did a great job of recreating them and still making them your own. Thank you so much for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shay! It was so fun to participate. I will definitely see you all for the link up in September :) I cannot wait for fall fashion!!!

      Delete
  3. Your outfits are all so cute! I especially love your green necklace!

    ReplyDelete